Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Network Status

Service   Status  Description 
 High Speed Cable  Please wait... 
 DSL  Please wait... 
 VOIP   No Network issues. 

Board index » DSL/ADSL2+/VDSL » DSL News

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm 
Administrator

We will take legal action either by ourselves or in conjunction with a few other independent ISP's. I will have more information in the next few days.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 pm 

Sounds great Paul, do keep us posted with any and all developments.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 pm 
This is now on digg. Hopefully this will create some more public outrage:P http://digg.com/tech_news/Major_canadia ... for_action

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:18 pm 

Apparently bell has confirmed the shaping.

Acanac, please don't let us down, and tell us you can get bell with a contract!

PS - would it be possible for the mods or admins to also start a google map for effected Acanac customers?

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:27 pm 

I'm with Teksavvy I hope I don't get banned. I don't think a law suit will do much just yet, we should get the government involved instead. If we all complain they probably will look into the matter.

Last edited by GoogleFreak on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 pm 

GoogleFreak wrote:
I with Teksavvy I hope I don't get banned.

Why would you get banned? :D

Like I said above, I've already filed with the CRTC... will be contacting others tomorrow after finally getting some sleep tonight... while it may lead to nothing, the clear concensus here is that everyone, regardless of their ISP, believes that people need to know and hear about what Bell is planning on doing... :twisted:

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:50 pm 

I can't really complain yet since I haven't been affected but my days are numbered according to teksavvy so by April 4th which Bell claims everyone will be throttled. I am sure the Bell techs are very busy now ;)

Here is some news

www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/R ... ology/home

Last edited by GoogleFreak on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 pm 

I think this would be the perfect time for the Bell techs to take that strike they were hinting at... especially those who don't agree with these bs new policies... :roll:

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm 
Administrator

It not just the throttling. For a few months now they have been lowering Profiles. In allot of cases these clients have had service for months if not years. One day the profile is set 5Mbps the next it's at 1Mbps.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:11 pm 

paul wrote:
It not just the throttling. For a few months now they have been lowering Profiles. In allot of cases these clients have had service for months if not years. One day the profile is set 5Mbps the next it's at 1Mbps.

That's a great point Paul, and I think this situation will give us the opportunity, as a community, to voice our concerns :twisted:

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:02 pm 

lol this sucks, my internet is set to activate in 2 days, just my luck.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 pm 

Quote:
Bell began implementing its third-party ISP traffic shaping policy on March 14 and plans to have the program implemented across its entire network by April 7.
(globe and mail)

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41 am 

Still no throttling here in Brossard (Montreal south shore). My torrents still hit 500k down and 80k up during anytime of the day. When I was throttled with sympatico in February, I could increase the speeds from the 30k limit by turning on RC4 encryption in azureus. It still isn't as good as not being throttled because you can't connect to as many clients but I could still hit a 60k upload. I also found out that bell opening emule and azureus at the same time would get me a 30k upload with each application. So maybe you can upload at 60k if you opened azureus and utorrent at the same time.

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 am 

Andy wrote:
I also found out that bell opening emule and azureus at the same time would get me a 30k upload with each application. So maybe you can upload at 60k if you opened azureus and utorrent at the same time.

Different P2P protocols for BitTorrent and eDonkey, that's why the programs can do 30k each, but Azureus and uTorrent are both BT clients, so doubt that'll work...

Post subject:
 Unread post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 am 
paul wrote:

And put us on the slowest possible connections to the CO, apparently reserving space on the pedestal for Sympatico customers exclusively. I've blamed Acanac for almost a year for the slow service, and it's been Bell since day one. :oops:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » DSL/ADSL2+/VDSL » DSL News