Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DSL Internet » Configuring the DSL Modem

Post subject: Aztech DSL 605EU + SPA2102 + WRT54G config problem
 Unread post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:38 pm 

Hi,
I looked on the forum for some guidance on this but couldn't find anything. I have what I believe is a fairly common setup. Aztech DSL 605EU modem with a Linksys SPA2102 VoIP box and Linksys WRT54G router but I don't really know enough about networking to configure them properly and keep getting intermittent dropout of internet and my wireless devices intermittently lose their IP.
What is the recommendation for setting up these devices (bridge mode, DHCP on/ off, local IP addresses to use etc). If it makes any difference I am on a dry loop from Bell. This is about the extent of my knowledge. Any help or point me towards an idiots guide would be appreciated.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Aztech DSL 605EU + SPA2102 + WRT54G config problem
 Unread post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:49 am 

To start, it shouldn't make a difference whether your DSL service is provided on a dry loop on an active line, though you may need filters for your phones and sometimes cheap filters can cause problems with the DSL signal.

From the perspective of connectivity the SPA2102 should be plugged into the router, rather than passing the router through the SPA2102.

I would set the model in bridge mode, plug the router into the modem and the ATA into the router.

The router would have your login credentials and the ATA would be set up for DHCP on the Internet connection - you would also check the NAT keep-alive and NAT traversal boxes.

I would personally be setting up my ATA as a static IP on my LAP and I would port forward the SIP port to the static address . . . but that's beyond the scope of a simple configuration.

Board index » DSL Internet » Configuring the DSL Modem